Achieve the Remarkable
(RN) Registered Nurse Transplant/General Surgery, FT $10,000 Sign-On Bonus for BSN"sJob Number: 1811816
Category: Registered Nurse
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH)
Registered Nurse 2, Transplant/General Surgery
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus for BSN’s
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
The Transplant and Surgical Unit serves adults, geriatrics, and adolescents age 18 and over. The Transplant and Surgical Unit admits patients requiring nursing care for end stage renal/pancreas/liver disease, renal/pancreas/liver transplant. Renal/pancreas/liver transplant complications, hepatobiliary surgery, surgical weight loss, general surgery, and peritoneal dialysis. The unit has 34 inpatient beds, 1 outpatient treatment room, and 2 bed observation room. The unit has a combination of bedside monitoring and telemetry capabilities.
You will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicate pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
- Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
- Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
- Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
- Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
- VUMC Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
*RN Sign-On Bonus Eligibility Requirements:
• Registered Nurses who have their BSN degree and at least six months of RN experience may be eligible for the sign-on bonus for certain departments.
• The sign on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past two years.
Our Nurses’ Stories
Join Our Talent Network. Sign Up.