Nurse Occupational Health Spec-PRNJob Number: 1901766
Category: Registered Nurse
Organization: Occ Health PRN Staff 108895
Location: TN-Nashville-Medical Arts
Nurse Occupational Health Spec PRN
Perform administrative and budget related duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of departmental, division or other organization unit activities, which requires a thorough knowledge of University policies and procedures also, may perform complex secretarial duties.
Provides support to OHC by assisting with the Return to Work program and OSHA surveillance programs as well as data entry from REDCap surveys. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click.
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
Welcome to the Vanderbilt Occupational Health Clinic (OHC). The clinic is located in Medical Arts Building (6th floor) at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. OHC provides timely evaluation and treatment of work-related injuries, illnesses and exposures. We also manage over 40 different programs to protect employees against specific work hazards. Travel vaccines and pre-travel consultations are available at no charge for employees going on international electives or other business travel. OHC operates a separate clinic, Vanderbilt Faculty/Staff Express Care, which provides treatment for non-work-related minor illnesses.
Our excellent, service-oriented patient care is directed and/or delivered by the collaborative, team-focused efforts of an interdisciplinary healthcare provider team including Attending Physicians and Nurse Practitioners. The Leadership Team is comprised of a Medical Director, a Clinic Manager, an Administrative Manager, and Office Supervisor. Clinic staff members include Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Patient Services Representatives.
We are committed to providing excellent service to our patients and a supportive and caring work environment for our staff.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
- Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
- Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
- Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
- Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
- VUMC Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
- Assists in planning, developing, implementing, managing and evaluating occupational health and health promotions programs; assist in developing objectives for occupational health services through a collaborative role with Occupational Health Clinic Medical Director and staff, and physicians.
- Provides on-site care to employees within the guidelines of written medical orders at Vanderbilt and manage chronic health care of employees within the guidelines of written medical orders, providing medications, health assessment, and referral.
- Develops and/or maintains and audits employee health records to ensure continuity of care, employee confidentiality and feedback to management, in compliance with government regulation, company policy and applicable Codes of Ethics.
- Assists in evaluating the occupational health and safety programs of Vanderbilt and recommend changes in policies, procedures, or programs.
- Provides individual counseling sessions to employees on health maintenance, results of health screenings and health promotion activities; provide pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screening of employees as requested by client companies; recommend, purchase, and maintain medical supplies and equipment necessary for the optimal functioning of the occupational health service.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to assess and evaluate patients in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Conducts primary care patient interviews and physical examinations. Demonstrates sufficient acumen to recognize problems, ask questions and to contact the patient's primary care provider and other members of the healthcare team. Has experience in gathering pertinent clinical data that aid in referral, treatment, or other primary care pathways.
CARE PLANNING (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously by prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
NURSING PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in providing patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully search for evidence to answer clinical questions. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.