Critical Care Registered Nurse Adult Float Pool - 7AM-7PMJob Number: 1804110
Category: Registered Nurse
Organization: VUH Float Pool 201066
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Float Pool Nurses provide specialty services that include critical care, med-surge, emergency, step-down, and a variety of other service lines. Supplemental staffing provides a crucial service for our customers, not only to ensure safe quality patient care, but provides support for our unit colleagues as well. You will be offered opportunities to expand your knowledge and maintain an expansive skill set which will enable to you to become a resource to others. This is a full time role with premium pay.
You will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicate pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
- We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
- Learn more about Vanderbilt nursing
- Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
- Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
- Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
- Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
- Life in Nashville :http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
- Vanderbilt Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
- Graduate of an approved Nursing Program (BSN preferred)
- Active Tennessee RN license