Assistant Patient Care Services Nurse ManagerJob Number: 1810111
Category: Nurse Management/Administration
Organization: Surgery PCC Outpt Admin 303707
Location: TN-Nashville-The Vanderbilt Clinic (TVC)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Welcome to Vanderbilt’s Department of Plastic Surgery, which is one of eight departments of the Section of Surgical Sciences. Plastic surgery was originally one of several specialties under the original Vanderbilt Department of Surgery in 1925. Today our Department is a vital service of Vanderbilt University Medical Center-s (VUMC). VUMC is nationally recognized as a top 100 hospital and is consistently ranked highly by U.S. News and World Report.
Through our highly respected and competitive residency and fellowship programs, our award-winning faculty have guided and trained generations of nationally and internationally renowned plastic surgeons. Additionally, they continue to serve as leaders in surgical advancements and robust research programs. Our surgeons work closely with specialists in Oncology, Burn, Orthopaedics, and the University-s Biomedical Engineering School in developing new devices and innovations.
The Department of Plastic Surgery, and many other attributes, define Vanderbilt University Medical Center as leaders in our Nashville community, in the Southeastern region, and throughout the country.
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The Assistant Manager, Patient Care Services is a direct supervisory leadership role that is a key member of the Nursing leadership team.
- Leads staff members and actively participates in overall management of the area, development of clinical practice, and provision of patient care with accountabilities for implementation and outcomes for people leadership, quality, service, compliance, finance, throughput and scheduling.
- Ensures the unit's optimal performance by engaging in effective problem solving for staff, patients and families and to develop/lead the assigned staff.
- Provides feedback and coaching to staff members, recognizing them for their contributions while fostering a high-performance culture.
- Under the guidance and direction of the manager, develops, implements and evaluates systems that promote cost effective quality patient care.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
- Active RN license
- Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
- Leadership experience
- Surgical nursing experience is highly desired for this position
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US