Admissions Coordinator (Patient Flow Center)Job Number: 1912402
Category: Other Nursing Services
Organization: Pt Flow Center 201030
Location: TN-Nashville-Green Hills Office Building
Admissions Coordinator (Patient Flow Center)
delivery of patient care by coordinating physician team assignment and/or unit
placement for patients with various origins including: transfers, emergency
departments, clinics, and direct admissions. Facilitates efficient workflow,
supports appropriate use of technology, and fosters effective communication.
- Make patient assignment decisions based on team availability, needs of patient, availability and appropriateness of each patient care unit.
- Enter information into various computer systems and consult physicians per protocols.
- Report inconsistencies in processes leadership for quality review.
- Partner with team to facilitate problem -solving techniques during complex patient transfers and/or clinical situations.
- Work with team to create and execute departmental and organizational initiatives and goals.
- Empower clinical teammates to work together in a culture of team and support team-building exercises.
- Collaborate with all PFC team members to develop and implement strategies for process improvements.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing and 1 year experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Registered Nurse Required
Monday – Friday Second Shift
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
· Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
· named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
· One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
· The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
· Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
· 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement